Monday, May 10, 2010

Monkeys don't like Kit Kats


I have a subscription to PETA (back from the days when I wanted to be a vet and play with fluffy kitties all day long) and they sent around this video, made by Greenpeace.


From the horrible crunchy noises to the hair protruding from the kitkat at the end, it actually disturbed me probably far more than an ad should, really. And what’s more – seriously I kid you not, this really is true – I was mid kitkat-tea-dipping at the time I watched it. This depresses me greatly; I have a bit of an obsession with kitkats, which I will now have issues eating. My fallback when there’s a lack of kitkats is usually those little aero balls.
Grand. Except aero are also Nestle.

Great.

I turned to a packet of buttons for comfort, but whaddya know, in 2006 Cadbury had to recall a heap of products because they accidentally infected them with salmonella due to faulty labour.

Peanut M&M’s...? Mars Inc, (mars bars, snickers, malteasers, M&M’s, and Minstrels), have been repeatedly lambasted by PETA for animal testing, not to mention underpaying labourers in Africa, where they purchase their cocoa beans.

Hersheys? ...Hersheys tastes like crap.

So what am I supposed to do now?! My yummy kitkats are tainted!! I could make a decision to give up unhealthy food, or I could help support Greenpeace and PETA, or I could spread the word, or I could ... switch to Lindt.

Mmm, Lindt  :-)

1 comment:

  1. ewwww, gross crunching noise :-(

    ReplyDelete