Thursday, July 15, 2010

Turn the page and you will find... me!

Why am I bouncing excitedly off walls? Well, because I have my first ever piece of published work ... that's why.

Ok... so its a teeny little travel article as opposed to an award winning, hard hitting, journalistic piece ... and it was a voluntary, non-paid review, rather than instantly making my bank manager jump for joy and pee his pants ... but still, my name is in print, and this makes me happy.

Its in U Magazine, which is a fortnightly mag that offers you the chance to write your own travel review, and if its decent, they'll print it. They don't pay, but you will get a really awesome Lonely Planet travel guide to every single country in the world, and sure tis something decent to add to the auld CV, if writing is your thang.

Now on to my next mission ... to get someone to actually part with their hard earned cash in exchange for my musings. Hmmm ...


7 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations!! That's brilliant, enjoy it :-) Unpaid or not, it's a fair step up from publication in college newspapers, which is all I have to my name so far! Is it the current issue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :-)

    I know, college papers are all I have too... its surprisingly difficult to get people to publish your stuff even when you're throwing it at them for free! I think its the current one ... Cheryl Cole's on the cover anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Super exciting seeing your name in lovely real ink in a lovely real publication :)

    Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! That's so huge!!

    ReplyDelete