Sunday, October 17, 2010

To Love or to Hate ...


It’s been a long auld week. Here’s a list of random stuff that I’m liking at the moment, and some other stuff I’m bad mouthing all over town ...


Lurve

Gossip Girl
For some strange reason, I never got into gossip girl when it first started. I think it was because I hated those books with a burning passion so avoided the tv series at all costs, but I have fiiinally cracked, after numerous friends and my boyfriend (I actually know a lot more guys than girls who love this show) wouldn’t stop bangin on about it.

It. Is. Awesome.

It’s nothing like the books at all. They basically took the character names and the fact that the show is set in Manhattan and left it at that; everything else is totally different, and thank god for that! I’m almost done with series one – NO ONE give anything away!!!



The new Ross O’Carroll-Kelly book


Ah now lads, before you start yappin on about how utterly shite that ROCK nonsense is and how you wouldn’t be caught dead in Abercrombie or Uggs, just chill out there and give it a chance. Take most of it (alright, every single page) with a (generous) pinch of salt, and its actually fantastically written comedic genius. It pokes just the right amount of fun at everything about the Celtic Tiger and the recession, without ever going too over the top. Brilliant. I absolutely love it for a bitta light hearted reading.


X Factor!
Nothing like a two hour marathon taking up your pre-drinking on a Saturday night to send you off into town on a high note. As much as I disliked Nicolo, I wasn’t expecting him to go first. And what the hell was that thing on Katie’s head? I know your all quirky and ‘different’ love, but only Lady Gaga can pull that crap off.

Smashbox primer
Finally, my make up doesn’t melt off my face by lunch time. It lasts til at least mid afternoon now ...

Free blackberry
Work does have some perks!!

Strawberry and lime Kopparberg
Can’t even taste the alcohol, it’s like drinking strawberry juice ... delish!


 



Bleurgh

That goddam fucking Ikea ad for kitchens
I honestly don’t know why, I just cannot stand it. Like I can’t even watch it anymore, I have to turn it off, the ‘lyrics’ if you will read like they were thrown together by a child on the bus on the way to school, and those two muppets who sing the chorus are robots with only one facial expression who barely even move. HATE IT!



Cold
As much as I’ve been in denial about this, it’s getting to that time of year when you have to start giving yourself an extra five minutes to defrost the car window. Boo-urns.

Early weekend mornings
I forgot to turn my alarm of on Friday night and it went off at six fifteen on Saturday morning. Soooo not cool. At all.

Halloween on a Sunday
Oh great, I'll be getting up at six the next morning to go to work. Fabulous. I’d usually be rolling in the door at six on Halloween. Hmm, this could end badly ...


I should add home made roast dinners to my Lurve List ... seeing as I'm off to have one now ... ;-)

8 comments:

  1. First season of Gossip Girl is my favorite, I think. it's especially good with a few of those Strawberry and Lime Kopparbergs... nummers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. X Factor is life! I like Katie...it bothers me that everyone is so against her...like yeah, she's dramatic, but she hasn't actually done anything to deserve the crap she's getting!
    And how sweet are One Direction? If I were a few years younger, I'm telling you.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feckin' LURVE Gossip Girl! And X Factor is amazo this year - go Mary! And Matt and Cher... luff.

    Also nooooo I think the IKEA kitchen ads are fab! Love the song!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Kopparberg got it's own tag!
    And agree about Katie the styling is awful. I'm one of those weird people who actually likes the cold so defrosting the car is enjoyable for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - that is an EXCELLENT idea ... no better way to enjoy Gossip Girl.. ;-)

    Hermia - half your age plus seven, its ok you're allowed...! ;-)

    Kelle - I liked the other Ikea ad with all the cats ... but there's just something about this one that I freakin hate!

    Elle - I actually don't mind the cold too much, I like wrapping up all warm and snuggly, but it was three degrees the other morning when I went to work ... that's just a little toooo cold for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, alωays i used to check web ѕite
    ροѕts hеre in the eaгlу hоurs in thе mогnіng, for the reaѕon that i love to fіnԁ out more
    and more.

    Нere is mу wеb-site: abrir cuenta facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ηi therе! Do уou κnow if they
    make аny ρlugins to ρroteсt аgainst
    hacκeгs? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I'vе worked hard on.
    Any tіps?

    Have a look at mу web site - abrir cuenta facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there to every boԁу, it's my first pay a quick visit of this website; this webpage carries amazing and actually fine material for readers.

    Here is my blog ... abrir cuenta facebook

    ReplyDelete