Thursday, November 4, 2010

"That's my little girl, playing with her dollies there ... and that's her little girl playing with them also..."

I heard something on the news today that positively terrified me ...



Are you prepared for this?

...

There is a girl in Spain ... ten years old - TEN - and she has just given birth.

What ... the ... FUCK, like?

Here's an article I dug up after much Googling to see whether this was some kind of twisted joke;

http://www.iol.co.za/news/back-page/girl-10-becomes-a-mother-1.708378


What frightens me the most, I think, is the fact that the girl's mother doesn't see what all the fuss is about. Apparently, this is common with Roma gypsies. I know marrying young is actually common within that culture, but surely this is a step too far ...? To be perfectly honest, I didn't think it was even physically possible for a ten year old's body to carry a child to term?

And then there's that little additional line stuck in at the bottom of the article there; the age of consent in Spain is thirteen?! For feck's sake yiz Spanish eejits, that's not even asking for trouble, its practically begging for it like! There might aswell be a poster and billboard campaign for it!

'Come on kids, put down your dolls and tea sets and make yourself a REAL baby!'


Jaysus. Did any of you even know what sex was at the age of ten? I think I was too busy playing tip the can.

4 comments:

  1. Wasn't that mad!??? I couldn't believe it! And yeah Spain's age of consent is ridiculous...I really don't think it should be lower than 16 and even then a lot of girls would probably be too emotionally immature to handle it! Sure even now I sometimes feel I'M too emotionally immature to handle it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly thought it was a wind up! I agree, 16 is definitely the lowest it should be, if half of thirteen year olds don't even know what sex is they definitely shouldn't be having it, let alone thinking about getting MARRIED the following year! Why can't people just let kids have actual childhoods any more?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE TIP THE CAN. I know that's beside the point, because the post is about something far more serious, but I just wanted to get that in there.

    SCANDALOUS. The Spanish are madsers. Consent age 13??? Stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tip the can provided hours of endless entertainment.. you can probably play it as a computer game these days..

    I know. Just STOP that nonsense now. So wrong.

    ReplyDelete