Monday, April 11, 2011

Missing: One Operating System. If found, please return to the girl rocking back and forth in a dark corner gently stroking her laptop...

So basically, I woke up a few days ago, and my laptop had abandoned me. I went to turn it on, and it did nothing but tell me the 'Operating System could not be found'.

Well. Where did it go???

So after talking myself out of flinging it out the window in the vague hope that inanimate objects could feel extreme pain, off I went to Harvey Norman bright and early on Saturday morning, fully expecting them to be able to find said missing operating system.

HA. As though life would be that kind. First of all, the technician only works Monday to Friday. Not to mention that his weekend trainee was out sick. Then there was the fact that he's very backed up, and probably wouldn't be able to look at it for a while. And the final kick in the (metaphoric) balls?


"We might have to wipe everything. Is that ok?"


I know what you're thinking: but obviously you back up all your shit Karin, right?

Well, you can just feck off with your thoughts.

So long story short, I might be a bit absent from the blogging world for a while. I rang them earlier to check on it's progress, and after listening to Harvey Norman's ad on a constant loop for about twenty minutes (WHO thought that would be good hold music?? That was easily the worst part of the whole situation) I was finally told Sony were coming to pick it up tomorrow.

On the positive site, I am learning to appreciate the finer things in life. How blue the sky is, how pretty the birds are ... how entertaining boxsets can be for killing time.

See yiz in a few.

5 comments:

  1. Aww no I think I may start backing up my stuff now, I hop the break isn't too traumatic! I recommend Dexter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happened to me. Three weeks to recover my entire thesis. The day before it was due! Still not backing up. We shall never learn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We shall not indeed ... this is the second time its happened to me!! I think I'm going to have to force myself to remember to back everything up now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww you poor thing! Absolute nightmare. I hope you get sorted soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! That sucks! Hope you get it fixed soon!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete